According to a recent survey of “2,000 American women ages 30 to 60, nearly half of them have experienced the symptoms of hormone imbalance.” – Healthline
Stress is a major disruptor. It’s like an attack on your system whenever there’s an excess amount present. Stress triggers irritability, mood swings, and can cause fatigue, weight gain, high blood pressure, insomnia, gastrointestinal problems, irregular menstrual cycles and infertility in women.
If you find yourself stressed often. Try getting to the root of the stressor(s).
Here are some questions to ask yourself:
What am I currently feeling?
Why am I feeling it?
How is my body responding to it?
What can I change in my routine or life that will make me feel more calm and at peace?
Whenever you’re feeling stressed, being able to check-in with yourself could significantly improve your mood.
Here are some ways to reduce stress:
- Have a healthy diet.
- Journal your thoughts and emotions.
- See a therapist for professional support.
- Eliminate or limit alcohol intake.
- Pay attention to who you have around when your stress level increases.
- Do more things that bring you joy.
- Remove any toxicity from your life.
- Develop a solid self-care plan.